Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Winding Down, Winding Up



Texas Sunset
Oil on canvas, 10x10

AS THIS WINTRY SPRING inches toward summer, I'm winding down the Tubac trip paintings and starting on paintings for the show season. 

My first show of the summer season is this Sunday, in Williamsburg, VA. I'll be in Booth 11, on North Boundary Street, so if you're in the area, please come by and say hello! 

Here's my schedule so far... Click on the show name for more info. 
Aug. 10-11: Mystic Outdoor Art Festival, Mystic, CT  

Hope to see you at one of the shows! 

***

WANT TO SEE all the paintings from the Tubac and Back trip?  


MIRACLE OF MIRACLES, I've managed to get them on my website, Jacobson Arts

THE PAINTINGS are also on Gallery Sprout, a wonderful site where the work of many artists is available. You can click here to get to the main page, and then do a search for me, or you can click here to go directly to my page (I hope). 

FOR THOSE OF YOU who  are Facebook fans, the paintings are on my personal Facebook page and also on my Carrie Jacobson, Artist Facebook page

Please also consider sponsoring me on my next trip (where? when? I don't know yet - but I have two sponsors already... and am planning on letting the sponsors choose my destination). And if you're enjoying all this, please forward this email to All Your Friends - and ask them to check out The Accidental Artist, too! 

Thank you!




***

Some Paintings from the Trip

Remember this? This was the first painting I made on the road: Rough Seas, Nag's Head. 

Beach Day, Gulf Shores, AL

Arizona Sycamore


Red Rocks, Sedona


Ranch, Outside of Santa Fe


This is a painting that most of you haven't seen yet. I made it one very cold morning in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. To the right of the land is Biloxi Bay. The morning temperature was 34 degrees, and the wind coming off the bay was much, much colder. I got this far with the painting, and had to stop, which has only happened to me one other time. I thought I would put more into the painting - but when I unpacked it in Groton, CT, for the show at the Groton Public Library (you can still see my paintings there, through the end of the month), I decided that the painting is done, as it is. 

No comments: