Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunflowers, Day 1


Sunflowers, Day 1
Oil on canvas, 11x14, sold

Clouds rolled in, my first day painting at Buttonwood Farm this year - and I really like the way they brought the colors down just a little. I like the way the clouds and the wall echo each other, and make the sunflowers just that much more intense - because they matter more, I think.

I mean, on a beautiful day, you already have the beautiful day. On a cloudy, humid, gray day, the sunflowers are a surprise, a contrast.

This painting sold before I finished it! A woman from Virginia bought it, and I will be shipping it to her as soon as it is dry enough.

The painting I made the next day sold before it dried - and I never even took a photo of it!

Don't forget about the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival this weekend! It's Saturday and Sunday, starting at 10 a.m. both days. The show closes at 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 5 on Sunday.

I'll be at the corner of Willow and Main, near the post office. If you're at the show, please stop in and say hello, and see my new work.

Here is this painting with the sunflowers behind.


Jacobson Arts world headquarters is in Gales Ferry, CT

No comments: