Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Four in Hand

Four in Hand, Quadtych
Four paintings, oil on canvas, each 10x10
Please contact me for price and delivery info

This was such a fun thing to do!

I taped brown paper to my studio easel for a backing, then I balanced two 10x10s on two 10x10s, and went about painting as though I were working on one canvas.

Then, I carefully carefully separated the paintings, painted around the edges (all four, not the usual three!) and set the canvases on the floor to dry.

I should have put the hanging hooks on the backs of the canvases first, and I am not sure at all about painting around the edges. Also, it is hard as HECK to get a photo. This is about the 20th I tried, and it is still not wonderful. But the paintings are going to Center Framing & Art today, so I wanted to shoot them before I put them up for sale.

The colors and textures in the quadtych (!! I looked it up!) are really wonderful. Better than they show up in the photo... If you're in Connecticut, why not stop by Center Framing & Art, 56 LaSalle Road, West Hartford Center, and see them?


No comments: