Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Long Shadows and a Great Opportunity

Long Shadows, Kendrick Park
sold

I really love this painting. On the trip, I started experimenting with some different ideas about light and shadow, and clouds and sky.  I am really excited to be painting them, discovering, seeing what works and what doesn't. 

This painting was the first one I've made in weeks. It took me a surprisingly long time to get my engines up and revving at my regular speed after I got home. The California Calling Painting Extravaganza left me utterly and completely spent, though I didn't really realize it during the trip. The drive from New Mexico to Wachapreague did seem pretty long, I will say that. 

And back home here, I'm dealing with unpacking and restocking, doing my taxes and recovering from a monumental computer crash that wiped everything away. Had to get a new hard drive in my poor little laptop. The computer crashed on Friday, and it wasn't until Sunday, while I was in the Mac store, that I remembered that I do have a cloud backup service. I've been able to get some of my stuff back already, but the rebuilding process is onerous, and I am afraid I'll have to build our jacobson-arts website from the ground up. Oh, well. Probably was time for a new look, anyways. 

***


I PUT A NEW protector sheet on my phone, and I never get these things right. I believe I didn't put the protector on the phone, but instead, put the piece of plastic that came packaged to protect the protective sheet. There's no difference until you try to take a photo from the front of the phone instead of the back. That's what happened to get this photo of me. I really like it. 

 ***

THESE NEXT THREE photos, I took the regular way, but through the window of the car while it was pouring the other day.





***

And then, yes, it snowed, even here in Wachapreague. 


***
Dog of the Day


Never got his name, but he was having a ball riding on the back of his humans' golf cart! 

No comments: