Saturday, September 20, 2014

Cloudy Day in the Park - and Homer!

Cloudy Day in the Park
Oil on canvas, 16x20
For sale at J. Gallery, High Point, NC


I started painting on Friday at the train depot in downtown High Point. I painted and painted and painted, and still hadn't captured the train station, at least not in a way that appealed to me. So I had lunch, and packed up and headed out to the park, where I found trees and clouds and water and a scene that comforted and excited me.

Today, I'm going to have another go at the depot painting, and then, perhaps, try it a completely different way. 



***
HERE IS a cool building in downtown High Point. I might try painting this today! 


***
Dog of the Day


It's Homer, a Weimaraner pup I met at the Brandywine Arts Festival earlier in the month. His human said he was about eight weeks old. He was interested in everything and everyone! 




No comments: