Thursday, September 10, 2015

Flowers for Jojo I

Flowers for Jojo
Oil on canvas, 12x36
Please email me for price and availability. 
Feeling broken and raw over Jojo's passing, I made three tall florals. They are as raw and broken as I am feeling, and I have to say that I love them.

I wish I could get them to line up side by side in this blog format, but I can't. So you will have three days of flowers for Jojo.

***

The reason I am painting, when all I feel like doing is curling up in bed and weeping, is that I have shows and events coming, and visits to galleries to deliver and exchange paintings.

Next week, I head to High Point, NC, for the Piedmont Plein Air Paintout, a fund-raiser for the Boys and Girls Club there. I was honored to be chosen for the inaugural year last year, and am thrilled to be included again this year, pulled off the wait list.

The weekend after the paintout, I head to Dayton for Oktoberfest, a big show at the Dayton Art Institute.

So I am painting, while grieving, and it's OK. It's what I have to do, and what I should do, and what I must do.

***
I just can't do the Dog of the Day for a while. Jojo is too much in my heart. Sorry.

***
A Final Thought

"I wish they would only take me as I am." 
- Vincent Van Gogh






2 comments:

Patrice said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I send my most heartfelt condolences and wishes for healing and peace. Jojo was loved so much that the love still pours forth like golden beams from a warm and sunny star of heaven.

The floral tributes are beautiful testimonials of this love as well. Peace to you, my friend.

carrie jacobson said...

Patrice, thank you for your note and support. It means so much that I have friends who care and reach out. You're helping me heal.