Monday, November 16, 2015

Hammy - and 101 Dogs!

Hammy
Oil on canvas, 12x12
56 La Salle Road, West Hartford Center, CT

I hit a deer the other night, on my way home from Virginia Beach. It was dusk, and I always look out for deer, especially at dusk and dawn, but this one came out of nowhere, virtually jumping into my van on Route 13. 

She died instantly, and I feel so terrible for having taken this beautiful life, no matter how inadvertently. I was uninjured, thanks to my very heavy, very large van. The front of the van is smashed in, the bumper dragging, one of the lights not working. But I was able to drive home.

The incident has drained me in my soul. Makes me feel like some part of me died, along with that deer. I am sincerely grateful that it was not worse.

***

THE 101 DOGS project is up and running, and I hope you'll sponsor me and get a painting of your dog! I'm offering it first to people I know, and so if you've told me you might like a dog painting, you've probably received an email from me already.

It's a really fun project, benefitting dog-related charities, and allowing me to stay home a little more this summer, and make dog paintings!

Prices for original oil paintings start at $375. You can be a part of the project for less, receiving items printed with dog paintings. I can still finish a few paintings and get them to you in time for the holidays. Otherwise, if you want to give a sponsorship as a holiday present, I will send you a nice gift certificate.

You can check out the entire project by clicking here to reach the 101 Dogs Project page on the Jacobson Arts website

Find out about how it works by clicking here

Find out about the dog-related recipients I've chosen by clicking here

Questions? Drop me an email at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com



***
Dog of the Day

Saw these guys in Columbus this summer. Great blue eye on that one on the left! 

***
A Final Thought

"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, 
but their inward significance." 

- Aristotle


No comments: