Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chewy

Chewy
Oil on canvas, 12x12

A friend and collector who lives in Arizona went all-in on the 101 Dogs project, having me make paintings of all three of her dogs. They all are attractive, energetic-looking dogs, with their own clear personalities and their own clear looks. Chewy here has amazing blue eyes that remind me of my sweet Jojo's startling blue eyes

I had a ball painting all three dogs - and I'm happy that the project is proceeding. There is plenty of room for more people, dogs and paintings, and I'm hoping that some of you will sign up, now that the holidays are over. To find out more about the project, click here.

*** 
 
Here's one of my paintings in place in a couple's living room. 
Doesn't it look great? I could hardly believe that I'd painted it. 

***
Dog of the Day 
I met this brindle beauty at a show in Omaha this past summer. 
I'm going back to Omaha again this coming summer.
 I was invited back, no need for jurying! That's exciting. 

***
A Final Thought

"The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web." 
- Pablo Picasso

5 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

love it! i just named my puppy....Chewie!

carrie jacobson said...

Great! Had you named your puppy before the painting? Or did you name him Chewie because of the painting? Thanks for reaching out!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I named him before. I shared your work on G+
Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

Fabulous portrait! Perfect choice of background color to bring out those wonderful eyes!

carrie jacobson said...

Alas, I had a note this morning from Chewy's human that Chewy died in her sleep Thursday night. She was 14 or 15, and her human said they had had a great life together. So say a little prayer for Chewy and for SaraBeth, as well.