Saturday, May 13, 2017

Patty's Song

Patty's Song
Oil on canvas, 20x20

It's been raining here, raining and raining and raining, and while all that rain brings its issues - smelly, muddy dogs; a halt to the flower-planting; two leaks in the roof - it also creates a marvelous, quiet, focused atmosphere in which to paint. My studio (left) is the former boat garage, in the back yard, over near the west neighbors. On warm days, I leave the front and back doors open, and open all the windows. This is great for letting in the breeze, the sun and the light, but it also lets in the dogs and all their barking. Running in one door and out the other is a great game for them, too, and while I don't mind, it is distracting. But in the rain, my dog friends aren't interested in playing in the yard. Even when they are, no one is out to be barked at.

I've enjoyed the focused time to paint, and hope you like the pieces I've created. This one is from a gorgeous photograph taken by my talented friend Patty. 

*** 
Stuff I've Seen


Hahahaha! Saw this turkey-painted rock on the road to Arivaca, Arizona. I love that someone saw this, thought about it and then went back and painted it. 

***
Dog of the Day
Saw this loony Australian shepherd at the Richmond show. A cousin of Doc and Lulu! 

***
A Final Thought

"All forms of madness, bizarre habits, awkwardness in society, 
general clumsiness, are justified in the person who creates good art." 

- Roman Payne

2 comments:

Catherine said...

OMG, Carrie, I LOVE those bleeding hearts in this painting!!!

carrie jacobson said...

Thank you, CATh! I like them, too - in real life, and in the painting. Two of our three plants made it through the winter, and a friend has just told me she's going to bring me a couple white ones!