Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Manny, Moe and Jeff

Manny, Moe and Jeff
Oil on canvas, 36x60
Please click here to email me for price and availability

This painting started its life looking a little different. The sky was pretty much the same, and the road to the left was pretty much the same, and the mountains were sort of the same, but the cows were smaller, the trees were smaller, the water was smaller, and the colors - still a little out of my comfort zone - were a little more quiet. 

I wanted to like it, but just couldn't, even though people liked it, and I was going to paint over it. Instead, I really looked. I searched for what was bothering me, for why I wasn't in love with this cowscape. It took a while, but it came to me, and I was able to make the changes that are making it work. 

This is a process that's happened a few times to me now. It is still a new process, of improving rather than tossing out. And it's a process I hope I can bring to other parts of my life, including my own sense of self. 

***
Shows! 
I'm sending a big thank you to everyone who came to the shows this summer, took the time to look at my paintings and talk with me! And a special thanks to all of you who bought paintings! Each sale is a miracle, and I appreciate each one very much. 

I'll be on the road for a few weeks, starting tomorrow. Here's my schedule: 

Stamford, CT, July 29-30, Harbor Point, Booth 20
Uptown Art Festival, Minneapolis, MN, Aug. 4-6, Booth 3407 on the mall
Mystic Outdoor Art Festival, Mystic, CT, Aug. 12-13, corner of Willow and East Main
and Centerfest, Durham, NC,   Sept. 16-17

Hope to see you there! 

***
Dog of the Day

Pals! Saw these guys at the show in State College, PA. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send me a jpg at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought
“Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. … 
It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. 
Not everyone can be the artist. 
There have to be those who witness the art, 
who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see.” 
- Ann Patchett

.









No comments: