Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Reflecting Light




Reflecting Light
Oil on black canvas, 18x18
Please click here to email me for price and availability

Here's another in the series of swirling bits and bites of color and content on black. I love the urgency of this painting, the looseness, the focus on the flowers - but looking at it now, I'm not sure about the black background. What do you think? Yay or nay, I'd love some input. 

***
Christmas Goodies
Yes, in my heart of hearts, I am 8 years old, and I love getting and giving Christmas presents. I guess I will never outgrow this! If I were going to, I would have already. So here are some of my many presents. Above, a sculpture by Mama-Girl, a wonderful local artist. It's in front of a painting of Lulu by my friend Lois Vanslike, a wonderful woman and talented artist from Arizona. That was not a Christmas present, or at least not this year. Below, me with my Bob Ross T-shirt, a gift from my grandson Ashton. Can't wait until it's warm enough to wear it! 

I hope all of you received and gave gifts that delighted you - even if they were simply smiles, hugs and prayers. Happy holidays, all, and Happy 2018! 


***
Dog of the Day
My friend, the immensely talented jeweler Cynthia Battista (check out her work here) sent me a link to a video of an Airedale singing , and I played it this morning and the puppies came running Lulu ran away, but Doc stayed, fascinated. I don't know if it was the dog's singing or the squeaky toy he was squeaking that attracted Doc's attention, but as long as I played the video, he stayed and watched. 

***
A Final Thought

"A blank canvas... has unlimited possibilities."
- Stephanie Perkins



No comments: