Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Red-Winged Blackbird


 Red-Winged Blackbird / Oil on black canvas / 5x7 / $68 including shipping

sold! 

(The PayPal buttons have just not been working well recently. If the button doesn't work, it might mean that someone else has bought the painting, but it might mean that the button isn't working. So if you want this red-winged blackbird, please email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com)

WHEN PETER DIED, I lost more than my husband, my partner, my best friend. I have a terrible memory, and Peter had a great one. He could remember the phone numbers of every place we lived. He remembered people from decades ago and what we had for supper last Thursday. 

I could turn to him and ask, "Do you remember that movie with that actress who was in that golf movie and that other guy who played James Bond?" and he would say, "Oh, sure, the 'Thomas Crown Affair.'" 

Usually, by the time I realized that I couldn't remember the name of anyone in the movie, let alone the movie's title, I'd have forgotten whatever it was I wanted to tell him about it. But sometimes I'd remember. And, bless him, he never even teased me about my terrible memory. 

And if I've already written about this, well, see the paragraphs above. 

***

Cards and Calendars 



THE BIRD CARDS AND CALENDARS are going fast! The calendars are $20 plus $2 shipping. Cards (with envelopes) are six to a pack - three vertical, three horizontal. They're blank inside, and have a bird-related quote on the front. They are $10 per pack, plus $2 shipping. Please email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com if you want some. I have to say, they came out pretty great!

***
Coda

"If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Do not hoard it. Do not dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke." 

- Brenda Francis


No comments: