Wednesday, March 3, 2021

House Sparrow

House Sparrow / oil on black canvas / 5x7 / $68, including shipping
Please email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com if you'd like this painting

LAST WEEK, I heard a spring bird, singing wildly, singing beautifully, repeating her song again and again as night spun off into dawn. 

She made me happy, this one bird, singing as though there were no tomorrows and no yesterdays, as though everything that possibly could be right in the world was indeed right in the world. 

She made me smile, and made me realize that, in my heavy, plodding two-footed, wingless life, in fact, everything is as right as it could possibly be. 

***
Coda

"Ambition is the spur that makes man struggle with destiny. It is heaven's own incentive 
to make purpose great and achievement greater." 

- Donald G. Mitchell



 

No comments: