Monday, December 29, 2008

Grey December

Old Lyme. Oil on cradled panel, 12x12


Past Christmas and the color has gone out of the land. These days, the sky has been gray, the days oddly warm, but blown through by a damp and cutting wind.

Yesterday, I went to my favorite place in Old Lyme to paint - the boat ramp across from the Great Isle conservation area - but the wind was just too strong. So I trekked inland. I found a gorgeous town, Hamburg, one of the seemingly thousands of Connecticut towns I've never even heard of, despite the fact that I grew up here. And while it was lovely, there was no way to set up to view the site I wanted to paint. So I came back to the mouth of the river and found a sheltered place to set up. I made this painting, while travelers on I-95 whizzed by behind me and gulls flew, squawking, overhead. And the wind blew through it all.

Thanks for reading!


For more, see jacobson-arts.com
Email me if you want to buy this piece, or any piece.
I'll get it up at my Etsy store, and you can use your credit card or paypal.

No comments: