Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back in the saddle

Stonington Borough, from the docks. Pastel on sanded panel


As I sat in the car at Stonington docks to paint this one, kids were running around, throwing snowballs, yelling. It was a holiday like only a winter holiday can be.

Yesterday, I questioned everything. I was unhappy with my paintings and myself. I've made no sales this week. My painting-a-day crusade went well for nearly 10 days, but as I stopped pushing, it stopped succeeding. Think there's a lesson in there somewhere?

Yesterday, I felt like I was in the middle of the biggest mistake of my life.

Today, it feels like an adventure again.
The sun is shining bright and clean, and I'm heading out to paint.

Thanks for reading.


While you're here, why not buy a painting?
Just let me know which one you want, and I will move it to my Etsy story,
where you can buy it using paypal or a credit card.
If you don't want one, tell a friend!
Make it a resolution!
For more, see jacobson-arts.com
or carriebjacobson.etsy.com


No comments: