Monday, November 16, 2009

Getting Busy

Swirl of Fall. Oil on canvas, 6x16, $85.

Some exciting things are happening here at the world headquarters of Jacobson Arts.

For starters, the Colby College alumni magazine, featuring - me! - is apparently in the hands of Colby College alumni.

Though I didn't graduate from Colby, the alumni office seems to treasure me, finding me - with no prompting on my part - everywhere we've ever lived. And so, it occurred to me that the alumni mag was probably finding everyone else, too, and perhaps might be interested in doing a story on an alumna launching a new career at the age of 53. Sure enough, it was.

I have yet to see the magazine, but I received a nice email from someone interested in one of my paintings. So I guess I'm in.

I know I'm in a December show at the Emporium in Mystic. Cindy, who runs the place, called the other day when her December artist fell out. I don't know who else is going to be in the show, but I will have at least a few pieces in, and I am thrilled. I'll let you know more when I know more.

I'm also going to have one framed piece and a number of unframed pieces in the Members Show at the Wallkill River School Gallery in December. The gallery is on Route 17K (Ward Street) in Montgomery. Click here for more information and directions. That show's reception is Dec. 5, from 5-8 p.m., and you're all invited.

In January, I've been invited to participate in the Members Show at the South County Art Association, near URI. February has me in a show at the Lighthouse Gallery in Groton. March, I'm showing with Shawn Dell Joyce at the Wallkill River School Gallery. Memorial Day weekend, I'm taking a big leap and setting up my tent and my wares at the Paradise City Art Festival in Northampton, Mass. I'm teaching workshops on pet painting and painting with a palette knife; those take place in February, March, April and May at the Wallkill River School; check their website for dates and times and info on how to sign up.

I will make sure everyone knows about all these openings as they grow nearer.

I've got some dog-portrait commissions going, and have work at Center Framing & Art in West Hartford, Conn., as well.

So I am busy, and I am thankful.

No comments: