Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bert, Watching Winter

Bert, Watching Winter
Oil on canvas, 16x20. Contact Lori at Center Framing & Art, 860-233-7804, for price and delivery information.

Yesterday, I got up early and felt OK. But by 8 a.m., when I was getting ready to go and care for my elderly friends in West Hartford, I was as cold as though it were the dead of winter. By 8:15, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I slept for a half an hour, then called my friends and said I wouldn't be coming, and proceeded to sleep for about the next 20 hours.

I did get up in the middle of the night, feeling better - though my hips were so sore I could barely stand - and craving a tunafish sandwich.

I made tuna, devoured a sandwich and four extra-strength Tylenol, went back to sleep and slept another eight hours.

Today, I feel like a new girl.

The brain says it's the best part of our corporeal selves, but when the body wants something, it gets it.

No comments: