Monday, October 3, 2011

Roger Foote Road


Roger Foote Road
Oil on canvas, 10x10, $100 
sold


The first subscription has been purchased! My friend Bonnie Brankey (check out her beautiful underwater - and above water - paintings at Ocean Colors) has broken the ice. Yay!

I think this is kind of a cool idea, really. The first 40 people who shell out the $100 get their choices in order. Bonnie gets the first choice of all 100 paintings. Person No. 2 gets the choice of the remaining 99. Person No. 3, 98, etc. The remaining 60 people - yes, I am being hopeful! yes, I am being capitalistic! - will be entered into a lottery, and will get to choose in the order that I select them.

Or should I just put these up for sale the regular way? I am not going to sell any of them until the 100 are finished (well, a friend bought one before I had the whole idea worked out, but I am going to replace that one with another of the same scene) - and so far, they are all coming out really well, I think.

I am going to bring the lottery idea with me to the Paradise City Arts Festival this weekend and see if people sign up.

Of course, to sign up, you have to believe that I am going to make 100 gorgeous paintings - and honestly, I do. I am absolutely loving the project, and each painting is making me happier than the one before.

So if you want in, let me know. The list has started!

Here's my painting in the landscape

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ok, sign me up for the $100 painting lottery! I want to be Number 2 (or 3, or 4...)!
:)