Tuesday, December 27, 2011


Oil on canvas, 30x40
Please contact me for price and shipping/delivery info

I went out today, my first venture into the commercial world since a few days before Christmas. As I drove up to Stop & Shop, I thought, "Yay, there'll be no irritating Salvation Army person there, asking for money, no crowds of shoppers, no annoying Christmas music and pointless decorations, whew."

And then, as I walked up to the store, I realized that I really missed all that stuff. I missed the cheery Salvation Army bells, and the energetic woman who dances wildly at the Groton Stop & Shop. I missed putting my dollar in the pot and feeling helpful. I missed the sappy Christmas songs that I hum along with, or whistle to, or even sing aloud. I missed the bright Christmas decorations, and the people with their stuffed carts and their happy plans and their hopes of joy and peace.

For a crazy moment, I thought - Maybe we should have Christmas all year round, or at least all winter.

Nah. It's better to miss it. Just a little.


So... what do you think of the frog?


Denise Aumick said...

He's pretty darn cool...and so is that turtle below!

Carrie Jacobson said...

Thanks, Denise! It is fun branching out into more creatures. I always worry about being Too Cute by Half... but as long as I keep a watchful eye out, I think I will be OK. Thanks for reading and commenting!