Friday, April 6, 2012

Mosaic Sunflower


Mosaic Sunflower
Oil on canvas, 10x10, $100

When I started the 100x100x100 project - 100 paintings, each 100 square inches, priced at $100, I realized that I needed a name for it. A theme.

I called it "Passages," and figured that the unifying theme would be pathways through the landscape.

Of course, the passages idea has grown to include life passages and art passages. And this painting is me, taking a step into one of these passages.

Intrigued by the painting I did of Brook - especially of the background - I have begun to experiment with something I'm calling mosaic painting - a piece by piece, square by square approach to the canvas.

I like this sunflower, but it's not what I had in my head. Still, it's a start, and I am going to keep pushing at this, because I feel there's something there. I feel I am being led on a path that is going to end me up... where? Somewhere.

No comments: