Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Roxanna's Cat - and Paws for Charity

Roxanna's Cat
Oil on canvas, 12x12. Commission

Earlier in the year, I was invited by my friend and fellow artist Lori Rowe  to submit my work to Sara Harley for inclusion in a fund-raising book she produces to help Sheltering Helpless Animals in Distress (SHAID) an animal shelter in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.

I sent Sara images of some of my paintings, and was accepted into the book.

It's out now, and it's beautiful. You can see and buy the book by clicking here.

It's pretty expensive, though the proceeds go to the shelter. If you'd like to get involved but don't want to spend $37, you can buy a greeting card of one of my paintings, of Jojo (click here) for $3, or a full set of postcards for $10, from 14 artists and 14 photographers, by clicking here.  


To read more about the project, click here to check out Sara's blog - Paws for Charity


The book is really gorgeous! And I am honored to be included in this project. 

No comments: