Saturday, June 29, 2013

All-Day Sunflowers - and tremors about Amagansett

All-Day Sunflowers
Oil on canvas, 24x24
sold

This weekend, I am enjoying being home, and painting with delight and anticipation for the show next weekend in Amagansett, NY. 

It's a show I am honored to be in. The work by other artists looks fantastic - so fantastic that it gives me tremors of fear: Will my paintings measure up? Will they appeal? Will they sell?

After a bout of soul-wrenching terror this morning, I've decided that the answer is YES - and to top it off, I think my paintings have a sense of fun and delight that I don't see in most other paintings.

Does that communicate itself? I think it does. I know it's what I feel when I paint - and I have heard person after person remark about it as they stand in my booth and look around.

That's the very best thing for me. If someone looking at a painting can feel the joy I felt when I was painting, then I've done what I've set out to do - and I am happy, and grateful. And confident!

For more about the show in Amagansett, click here. And if you have friends on Long Island, please suggest that they go!

***


I lived in Boston for 10 years, and I know how crazy the drivers are there. Maybe it's because of signs like the one above, asserting that you're going both south and north at the same time. 

***
Dog of the Day

Ah, Eunice. She might not be a dog, but she is the DOD today, enjoying herself on Smokey's bench. She is an old girl, 15 or so, and slowing down - but she has learned to enjoy life. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpeg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

No comments: