Saturday, December 21, 2013

Kathryn's Brothers - and a Lovely Sunset

Kathryn's Brothers
Oil on canvas, 30x40

While this one was in progress, I posted it on Facebook and asked for title ideas. Kathryn, who sponsored me on my Tubac trip, and is sponsoring me again (yay!) on the California Calling Painting Extravaganza, said it looked like her brothers. 

Well, she said, she has five brothers (can you imagine???) - so maybe these four donkeys were all watching the fifth. 

Whatever is going on, I think it's a cool name for a painting, rivaling only "Rusty Refrigerator," which has to be my favorite title ever - and is one of my very favorite cowscapes, too. 

***


This was the sunset tonight in Wachapreague. It was oddly, bizarrely warm today. Nice - but not much like December. 

And today (Saturday) is the shortest day of the year. Sunset has already started getting later. So now, sunrise will start to get earlier. Yay! 

***

Here's our tree! 

***
Dog of the Day

Here's Woody, in the midst of playing with Jojo... 



No comments: