Saturday, July 25, 2015

Sunny Summer Days


On Miscou Island
Oil on canvas, 12x24
commission

It's a delight when I open my email or answer my phone and there's someone there, wanting a painting. It was an extra special delight when I got an email from Tracee, wanting to know if my painting of Miscou Island, New Brunswick, was still available. 

It was not, but I told her I'd be happy to make one for her that captured the same scene as the first one, and she was delighted. The painting was to be a gift, and Miscou Island had special meaning for her entire family, as her grandmother had lived there as a young girl. 

In June 2010, I went to the Atlantic Provinces of Canada with Heather MacLeod (you can see some of her work by clicking here). We barely knew each other when we left , but we had a grand time, saw amazing and beautiful places, made a lot of paintings, and laughed until our sides hurt. 

Painting Miscou Island again brought back all that delight, and all that sense of discovery and exploration. And it made me want to go back! 

The painting below was another commission from a supporter who loved the original painting that I made, as part of a six-piece commission. He wanted the beach ball to have the colors of the Rainbow Flag, and I loved that idea. I painted it a couple days after the Supreme Court made marriage legal for everyone, and I felt like the painting itself was a celebration. 

Can you tell that I like making commissions? I do! 

Andrew's Beach
Oil on canvas, 10x10
commission

***

THE 101 DOGS PROJECT is progressing, inch by inch, as I work through some of the details. I'm glad to hear that people are interested! 

The full sponsorship price, the one that gets you a painting and cool stuff (or a painting and a donation to a pet-related charity of your choice) is going to be somewhere between $350 and $400. 

There will be lower-priced sponsorships, and payment plans, too, so if you want a painting of your dog, and you want to be a part of the project, I'm going to do everything I can to make that happen. 

***
Happy Buyer's Dogs of the Day

Above, Daisy, who Pearlene says is a gentle, loving dog. Doesn't that show in her face? Below, Pearlene with "Does the Night Forget?" in her Ohio home. 


And here's Olive, Pearlene's other dog. I think Olive runs the show! 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought

"I dream of painting, and then I paint my dream." 

-Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: