Friday, October 2, 2015

Dixie - and 101 Dogs

Dixie and Friends
Oil on black canvas, 36x48
commission

I was quite excited, back in August, when I received my first big cowscape commission. I usually paint cowscapes from photographs of cows I've never seen in real life, so it was a thrill to meet my model and her friends, and to be able to take photos to my heart's content. 

I'm very happy with the way this painting came out, and am thrilled that Dixie's owner loves the painting, too. 

***
101 Dogs

THE 101 DOGS project is up and running, and I've dedicated it to the memory of Jojo and Zoe. 

The project brings together three big loves of mine - art, dogs and rescue dogs. In 101 Dogs, I'm going to paint portraits of the first 101 dogs whose owners sign on to sponsor me. I'll make the paintings into a book and a poster, and anyone signing up for $375 or more will receive a painting and a book or poster, and some other goodies, too.                                                                                 People sponsoring me at levels below $375 will receive fun goodies, though no original art. I'm going to donate money from each sponsorship to one of four dog-related groups that I've chosen, or to a dog-related group of your choice. 

There are seven sponsorship levels, starting at $25 and going, well, as high as you want. Sponsor me at $5000 or more and you'll get paintings, prints, a boatload of goodies, and I'll come to your place and cook dinner for you and your dogs. 

To find out more, click here to check out the main project page . You can also find the project by going to jacobson-arts.com, my website. Please take a look at the related pages, too, if you have a chance. And let me know what you think - do you have questions or ideas? I'd love to hear them. 

***
Dog of the Day

I am back up on the horse, yes. This is Abby, one of our dogs, 
who's missing Jojo about as much as I am. 

***
A Final Thought

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, 
and those who matter don't mind." 

- Dr. Seuss





No comments: