Friday, December 18, 2015

Abe and Kahlia

Abe and Kahlia
Oil on black canvas, 24x48

I am learning not to argue against ideas when they come. This is a hard task for me, but is part of the learning process. 

Ideas show up in my head and my heart, and if they are strange, if they are different, if they constitute a detour, I balk. If I don't follow up on the ideas, though, they follow me. They keep declaring themselves, again and again, until I listen. 

It's like when you're dieting, and what you really want is a brownie - but you shouldn't have a brownie. So you have an apple, a yogurt, a piece of cheese, a banana, a tablespoon of peanut butter - but in the end, you have the brownie, because it's what you really want. It's what your body is crying out for. You'd have been far better off if you'd just had the brownie in the first place. 

That's how it works with the ideas. I can't get to the next painting until I paint the one that keeps declaring itself. Thus, Abe and Kahlia. 

***
WANT TO GIVE ME a Christmas present? 
Get ONE of your friends to subscribe to my blog! 

Send them here - carriejacobson.blogspot.com - and ask them to put their email address in the box at the top of the right-hand column.  

I'd appreciate it So Much!  I'd look even happier in my Cat in the Hat hat!  

Alternately, if you want to send me your friends' email addresses, I'd be happy to write and invite them to subscribe. 
***
Dog of the Day

I met this blue-eyed beauty at the SoNoArts festival, in South Norwalk, CT, this summer. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought

"I don't say everything, but I paint everything."

- Pablo Picasso



No comments: