Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Heart in the Mountains

Heart in the Mountains
Oil on canvas, 16x16
commission

A while back, I received an email from a person who'd stumbled onto my blog on a day when I'd mentioned my blank-canvas paintings, and showed a photo of one of them. She was at a place in her life where the blankness of the canvas called out to her, and she was interested in having one of these in her life.

This was pure delight to me! I love making these paintings, but it's impractical to bring them to shows. They are just too fragile for the loading and unloading, people's dirty fingers, and the miles bumping over American highways in the van. So to sell one on commission, that's just perfect. 

***
 
One of the things I enjoy about living on the Eastern Shore of Virginia is my frequent brushes with incredibly gigantic pieces of farm machinery. I rarely have any idea what these things DO - but I find myself strangely attracted to them. I have no idea why. So, here's one I saw on Route 13 the other day. Isn't it amazing? 

***
Dog of the Day
Woodreau, crashed out after a long day of barking, digging and defending the property. 

***
A Final Thought

"Painting is a means of self-enlightenment."
- John Olsen



No comments: