Monday, October 10, 2016

Trash Day


Trash Day
Oil on black canvas, $125
Available from me (click here to email me)
or Seaside Antiques and Art in Wachapreague

This is another of the 12 paintings in the 2017 Wachapreague calendar, which you can buy for $19, either from me, here (expect delivery in November...) or on site, at Seaside Antiques and Art in Wachapreague. I have to say, I think the calendar came out great! There are paintings of the salt marsh, paintings of boats at the dock and in the harbor, paintings of trees in flower around town - and this one, of John and JD, our public works staff. They mow the town property, put up flags on some of the holidays, and collect the brush and the trash. And watch out, generally, for everyone in town. 

For some unknown reason, every time I put the PayPal button on this page, the page crashes. But you can buy the calendar by clicking on the PayPal button on the Jacobson Arts home page (jacobson-arts.com), or by emailing me (carrieBjacobson@gmail.com)

***
One from the Road

I'm heading West, on the Big Skies Painting Trip... On my way, I stopped in Elkhart, Indiana, 
to see the RV Hall of Fame. Here's one of the amazing, fun RVs I saw there!
 It's the smallest Airstream ever made, and is amazingly cool. 
***
Dog of the Day
It's Lulu, just home after TWO WEEKS at the vet's. She and Doc were neutered a few weeks ago, and just by wriggling, twisting and scratching, Lulu managed to rip her incision open and tear stitches out from deep inside. So our great vet came in on Sunday, sewed her up and then kept her, sedated and caged for two weeks. We have to keep her quiet at home for two more weeks, and believe you me, that's a tall order, but Peter is working hard at it. Lulu is worth it! 

***
A Final Thought

"The first mistake of art is to believe it's serious." 
- Lester Bangs





No comments: