Thursday, December 29, 2016

Seven Palms

Seven Palms
Oil on canvas, 18x36

After a few miserable shows in Florida a few years ago, I'm going back in late January for a show in Englewood. It's put on by an artist, and I was invited, so it feels different, and it seems to have a positive potential. So I thought it would be a good idea to make some Florida-ish paintings. This was my first, and I have to admit, I really love it! Of course, there is my delight with the color pink. Palm trees are fun to paint, and I had a ball with this one. The small pictures are details from the big piece - but I'm going to paint a couple small ones just like these, soon.



***

Ha! There's some kid's song that has this town name in it, and I laughed out loud - and sang the song about a zillion times - when I saw it.  I tried to upload an audio clip of me singing it, but I couldn't figure out how to do it! 

***
Dog of the Day

Here's Vinnie, just chillin'...

***
A Final Thought
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist." 

- Francis of Assisi







No comments: