Saturday, February 18, 2017

Arivaca Dawn

Arivaca Dawn
Oil on canvas, 20x20

In just a few hours, I'll leave Arizona and head east, toward home - and I can hardly wait.

I've had a great stay here, and I'm sorry to go. Dad and Paula and I have spent wonderful time together. The sun has warmed my bones and chased my winter blahs away. I had great fun with my friends Cynthia and Kevin, and their friends (and now mine, too), Ruth and Tim. I saw my Arizona friends, had lunch with Linda and Lois, visited my artist friend Brenda Peo and saw her home and studio. I had a somewhat lackluster but not terrible show, sold a painting afterwards (one of my favorites ever), and made this painting, which I absolutely adore.

I could stay another two weeks or more and still be deliriously happy here, but the pull of home is strong, and I can't wait to get there, to be with Peter and the dogs, hang out with my friends, spend time in Wachapreague, smell that Eastern Shore wind and see that beautiful Eastern Shore light.

So it's the perfect time to leave.



Above, my painting in the landscape. Below, the moment I painted.



***
Stuff I've Seen


I suspect I've posted this before, but it makes me smile every time. 
Exit Zero, the last exit in Texas on I-10

***
Dog of the Day
Saw this cutie in Florida. Adorable! 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a photo to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." 

- Henri Cartier-Bresson







No comments: