Thursday, February 2, 2017

Daisies

Daisies
Oil on canvas, 10x20
sold

Well, the show in Florida was terrible for me, just terrible. I sold one small painting and three pillows, and that was it. The people at the show liked my paintings - but didn't want to part with their money. So I think the bottom line is that Florida just doesn't like me. And that's OK. I will put it on the list with a couple other states I believe I should avoid. 

After the show in the Not-So-Full-of-Sunshine State (it was cold and rainy for most of the show), I headed for Arizona - and am still heading there. For some reason, this trip has seemed loooong. I mean, it IS long - but this time, it's felt long. But I'm in El Paso, getting the oil changed in my van, so I'm almost done with the longest part of the drive - Texas. 

I had to wonder, as I was driving through West Texas, why it is that I love the open nothingness of Montana and Wyoming, while the open nothingness of Texas makes me just long to be gone. 

If you're in southern Arizona next week - and who wouldn't want to be??? - please come to the show in Tubac! It runs from Wednesday through Sunday. I'll let you all know my booth number when I have it, but I'm hoping I'll be in my regular space, on Plaza Road near Bunnuel Street. 

***
Stuff  You've Seen
This fun sign is from my friend Laurel, visiting New Mexico. Good sign! If you have a photo of something fun or funny or poignant or just something that needs to be shared, please send it to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com. Thanks! 

***
Dog of the Day
Best thing about the Florida show? The dogs! Here's one of my total favorites, Jack, who was with a couple artists in the show. Isn't he adorable?  


***
A Final Thought

"There is no great honor than supporting someone's growth 
and evolution as a human being."

- Ellie Burrows



No comments: