Sunday, April 16, 2017

Rising

Rising
Oil on black canvas
Triptych, 12x36x3

A couple weeks ago, a friend sent me a photo of baptisia, a perennial that I'm going to buy and put in the garden. But until that happens, (and after, too) I'm satisfying myself by making paintings of baptisia, or at least my version of the plant. 

I love the colors in this painting, and the way lights deepen to bright darks. I love the graceful sway of these flowers, and in this case, the way they run from one canvas to the next. 

***
Stuff I've Seen


A few years ago, Heather MacLeod and I went on a painting trip to Atlantic Canada (check blog posts from June 9, 2010, "On Our Way,"  to July 7, 2010, "Northeast Margaree"). During that trip, we became great friends, and I began to realize how incredibly creative Heather is. 

This morning, she sent me photos of arrangements she made with pansies, eggs and carrots, on the occasion of this Easter. Aren't they lovely and amazing? 







***
Dog of the Day

Dog and guy, same sunglasses!

***
A Final Thought

"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, 
those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened." 

- Albert Camus



No comments: