Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

North East Margaree


North East Margaree
Cape Breton Island
Oil on canvas, 8x24. Please email me for price and shipping information.

It is early morning here, and I am getting ready for the Art on Groton Bank show. I'm pleased to be exhibiting some of my Canada paintings - and I am pleased, too, that this is the last of three back-to-back-to-back shows. Tomorrow, I can start really painting again!

I have found that, after these painting trips, I need a little while to recharge. The first one, I went right out and painted, and I suffered, and my work suffered. I need to remind myself that while these trips seem like a vacation, they are not. They are, in fact, the most intense period of work! It is marvelous, delightful, fulfilling work, but it is the work of painting, and growing as a painter, and it is rewarding - and demanding.

So, off to the show! I will take a photo of my set-up and post it tomorrow.

Thank you, as always, for reading.

No comments: