Friday, December 22, 2017

Bobby, Ethel, Jackie-O

Bobby, Ethel and Jackie-O
Oil on black canvas, 36x48
Please click here to email me for price and shipping/delivery info

They say that all art that you make informs all the other art that you make, and I think I'm seeing that in my painting right now - and I am liking it. 

I've been painting with pastels for the past few weeks (you can see my pastels on the pastels page of Jacobson Arts - click here!), and so when I stumbled into a sort of smoky, smeary approach to the background of these three cows, I saw an echo of the pastels I've been doing - and I pushed at it, working my way into new and, I think, exciting territory. 

Please let me know what you think! 

***
Dog of the Day

I have breakfast on Thursdays at the Sage Diner with a wonderful group of women who live on the Shore. These dogs were in the back of a truck of someone - a hunter would be my guess - who was having breakfast in the restaurant. 

Just in passing, the Sage Diner has had a sign out since we've lived here - Two Eggs, Two Sausage, Two Pancakes. That's it. No price, nothing else. Makes me laugh every time. 


*** 
A Final Thought

"I make art, sometimes I make true  art, and sometimes it fills the empty places in my life. Some of them. Not all."
- Neil Gaiman








No comments: