Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Coffee Jones


 Coffee Jones / Oil on black canvas / 4x12 / special $68 including shipping! 

sold! 

SUSAN MCGUIRE AND I recently started a page on Facebook called Oil & Water (https://www.facebook.com/Oil-Water-104885681569296). She paints in all media, but primarily watercolor. And I paint nearly exclusively in oils. 

The page is mainly for projects we do together, to challenge ourselves and each other, to mark a season or an occasion - or just for fun. We agreed that everything on the page will sell for $68, including shipping. 

For Valentine's Day, we did a Love project. My plan was to hide a heart in each painting, and I had a good time coming up with the ideas. This is one I've wanted to do for a while. I always enjoy watching the cream make its way through iced coffee - the abstract designs intrigue me, and I enjoy the feeling that twisting cream gives me of floating, of movement, of space and time. And I am a little bit of a coffee freak. 

Usually my 4x12s are more expensive, but I'd run out of 5x7 canvases, so there are a couple on the page that are less expensive than they might be otherwise, and this is one of them. 

You can never really count on the post office, I know, but if you let me know today that you want this painting, it might get to you in time to be an on-time Valentine's Day gift. No guarantees! (And if your valentine really loves you, he or she won't mind if it doesn't reach you quite on time...)

***
Coda

Valentine

simplicity
say sleep

or
shall we
shower

have an apple

you are
as I need
water

shall I move?
do you dream? 
shallow snow

flesh

melt this

- Tom Pickard



No comments: