Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Swell Day

More Big Waves. Oil on canvas, 8x24, sold.

On the day of my show at the Denmark Arts Center, in Denmark, Maine, I spent some hours framing new work for the show (going on now!) at the Wallkill River School Gallery in Montgomery, N.Y.

It was a gorgeous day, and I was framing, and contemplating, and packing. And people kept coming in and, amazingly, buying paintings. One sweet woman bought a painting of Eunice the Cat, a painting I love, and have been showing for years now. A painting I thought wouldn't sell, ever.

Another woman came in, bought a nice, small painting of our yard. I was thrilled. Then her eyes landed on this painting of waves. I had mismeasured it, and so I didn't have a frame for it. It wasn't signed. It wasn't dry. She fell in love with it, and demanded that I charge more than my original asking price.

Those are sales I will remember forever.

2 comments:

L.Holm said...

Wow, Carrie!! A good day, indeed. I love the title of your blog. Perfect! congrats on your sales and shows. Maybe the tides are turning....
hugs, Liz

Carrie Jacobson said...

A good day, indeed. Thanks for the note - I do feel like I am on a rising tide, and hope you are, too.