Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tough Guy

Boxer. Oil on stretched canvas, 12x12. For price and shipping information, contact Sandy at Center Framing & Art in West Hartford, Conn.

It's a fascinating change for me, to paint for so many days inside. This is by far the most indoor painting I've ever done, these past four days. Always, I've gone outside on Day 2. And honestly, I am itching to get out there. But I made the decision to finish the dog project, and so, finish it, I will. In fact, I am very close! There's no telling whether Sandy will like these paintings - I'm pretty sure she'll like some of them, but she might not like others.

So I have final touches, and I have backgrounds and edges to finish, but I'm in the home stretch. And that's great, because autumn is here, and it's only a matter of time before the trees begin to turn.

For anyone in the southeastern Connecticut region, Pam Nelson's open studio and sale is on through Sunday. It's on Sandy Hollow Road in Gales Ferry, very close to the reservoir, and is well marked. There's plenty of parking, and plenty of lovely art. Pam has been making art for decades, and teaching - and it shows. I had a lovely time there today, looking at her paintings - watercolors, acrylics, oils, some engravings, too - and checking out her wonderful studio. She's open from 11 to 6, I believe - or most of those hours. So stop by!

To get there from Route 95, take exit 88 toward Ledyard. That puts you on 117. Stay on 117 past 184. A few miles down the road, look for Sandy Hollow, on your left. Drive across the reservoir and look for the Nelsons on your right.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: