Monday, December 28, 2009

Brantley the Second


Brantley, sharpei
Oil on canvas, 12x12, commission

Now that Christmas is over, I can post my Christmas commissions with abandon. The reports from all the buyers are extremely positive, and that's just about the best Christmas present ever!

I hope all of you had a holiday filled with joy and peace and laughter and, somewhere, a moment or two of rest. I could have used a little more of the latter, but I was rich with all the former.

This painting of Brantley the Sharpei was the final one of the 10 commissions I had in December. I'd already done a painting of Brantley, when I was struck with the notion of doing another, all in blues. I was tired, I was pushed to my limit, but this painting came unbidden, and I really love it. The gallery owner gave the buyer both paintings, and she will choose one or both.

I am still working, caring for the older couple in West Hartford. They are healing nicely, and I am enjoying the work, but every day that passes without painting, I miss my painting more.

The show at the Emporium in Mystic, Conn., (15 Water St.), has been held over to mid-January. It's a nice show, with work by me, and Peter, and seven other artists. Stop by, take a look, use some of that Christmas money to buy a painting or two!

For those of you in and around New York state, five of my paintings will be on view at the Wallkill River School, as part of the Represented Artists Exhibit. That show opens with a reception on Jan. 9, from 5-7 p.m. I'm planning on being there, so stop in and say hello! See www.wallkillriverschool.com for information and directions.

Starting Jan. 21, I will have a number of pieces in the Members Invitational Show at the South County Art Association in West Kingston, R.I. I'll let you all know more about that when I find out more.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: