Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bullie


Bullie
Commission

Of all the commissions I've done recently, this guy is one of my favorites. It is a memorial painting - he died a while back - and I have to say that my heart really goes out to the memorials. I know how it feels when a pet dies, I know the hole it leaves in your heart, in your life.

I love the expression on this guy's face - and I love how symmetrical he is. I had real fun painting him.

Sometimes these dog paintings come easy - no matter what I do, I can do no wrong. Sometimes, no matter what I do, I botch things. Landscapes are the same for me. I get on hot streaks and I get on cold streaks, and I am beginning to recognize both.

This past week, luckily for me with all the work, I was on a hot streak. Whew!

6 comments:

JudyMackeyart said...

Carrie - this Bullie is absolutely stunning!! It is fun and beautiful and I'm sure the commissioner is very happy with this. What a wonderful memorial.

Happy painting!!

Art with Liz said...

Bullie is gorgeous and congrats on the commissions!

carrie jacobson said...

Many thanks, Liz - And thank you for all the support this year. It means a lot.

carrie jacobson said...

Many thanks, Judy - And thank you, too, for your support and inspiration. Your beautiful painting helped me make a major leap this year, and I will always, always be grateful.

James Parker said...

Hi Carrie. I haven''t been by for a while, but now I've got reliable Internet, I'll try not to be a stranger. You've been busy with some delightful work, I see. Hope you have a joyous Christmas and drop by for some holiday cheer.

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks so much for the note, James. I've been so busy lately I haven't even been able to post to my blog regularly, let alone visit any of my cyberfriends' blogs... an amazing new field of guilt to be plowed, eh? I'm glad you've got internet - and time - are you in the states or away? I will check your wonderful blog, too - Best wishes for a joyous new year.