Thursday, February 11, 2010

Morning Fog

Morning Fog
Oil on canvas, 30x36,

Call me at 860-442-0246 or email me
if you are interested in buying this painting
The Groton reservoir stretches from near our house to Poquonnock Bridge. It's easy to see, but hard to paint, as there are few places to stop and set up. I've gotten good at stopping illegally and taking photos quickly. This painting is one that I made from a few photos I took through a fence topped with razor wire. They really don't want you anywhere near the reservoir.

While the reservoir is beautiful in the winter, I find myself longing for spring. The seed catalogs have started to arrive, and if you look hard, you can see that the tips of the branches of trees and bushes have started to redden. Yesterday, in the snow, Peter and I saw bluebirds, and my heart flew a little with them.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: