Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunny Saturday


Sunny Saturday
Oil on canvas, 10x30
sold

I've come to realize that I no longer listen when people give directions. After about the third turn, my brain just shuts off.

I was on the phone with my friend Joan, and she began telling me how to get to her house. It was pretty straightforward at first, and I wrote everything down as she spoke.

But  when she got me off the highway and began telling me to take the second left and then the third left past Brunha Street, and look for the flagpole on the right, I realized that I'd stopped writing and almost stopped listening.

I was going to go to her house - but I have a GPS, and honestly, it's so much easier to use the GPS than to follow directions, that that's what I generally do.

I didn't realize until yesterday, though, that my whole approach to travel has changed irrevocably. And it's probably for the better.

No comments: