Monday, April 4, 2011

The Fog Is Rising

The Fog Is Rising
Oil on gallery-wrapped canvas, 36x48
Please contact me for price and delivery/shipping information

Maybe the fog is rising. Or maybe the fog is part of the landscape, the way that leaves are part of trees, and dreams are part of waking.

Here's one thing I do know: Getting good pictures of these paintings is difficult. I don't know why, really, but my photos of these paintings are not showing the paintings to their best advantage. The dark points of land are not black in my paintings, as they look here, but dark blue, and purple and green - dark, yes, but not black.

So I will try again, but for now, this will do. I will bring these paintings to the Paradise City show in Northampton, Mass., Memorial Day weekend, if you want to see them in person.

2 comments:

carrie said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks! I really like it, too. I have a better picture of it a little earlier in the blog - and I'm looking at a whole spate of gray days, so yippee, I will be doing more fog pieces!