Monday, June 11, 2012

An Excellent Second Day in Annapolis


 The second day of the Annapolis show was brutally hot - and wonderfully successful.

A delightful couple who had visited my booth on Saturday called on Sunday and bought one of my very big paintings - Reservoir Dawn (or The Rising, as I initially called it), a painting I adore.

This painting has been a comfort and an inspiration to me since I painted it in 2011. I have brought it to shows in hopes that someone would buy it, yes, but also because I just love it, and just love looking at it.

I watched as the couple looked at it, and I saw the woman fall in love with it - and so I can happily sell it, knowing it will be loved.

People came into my booth all day, and we had wonderful conversations about art and life. It's amazing how much people are willing to share, in an intimate space, surrounded by paintings.

During the course of the day, I noticed how great one of the arrangements I'd made looked. The new painting - Maryland Farm, above, the square piece, surrounded by the little ones - wouldn't that look great on someone's wall?




 Here is me, with Alex and Catherine, the children of Sarah Waters, my sister's best friend

 Here's Sarah with her kids!


No comments: