Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Fine First Day in Annapolis

 My booth, Annapolis

The first of two days of the Annapolis Arts and Crafts Festival was fun, pretty good in terms of sales, and very, very hot.

There are hundreds of artists and crafters in the show, and from what I could see, a huge range of quality and price. There's someone selling bows and arrows with foam tips, and someone else selling metal yard ornaments - and whoever those people are, they must have been busy as bees on Saturday. It seemed that nearly everyone who walked by had one or the other.

People visited my booth all day, and many were genuinely excited about my paintings. My work ranged in price from the $100 Passages pieces (the 100Cubed series) to $1,500 for my biggest pieces. That is a lot of money, I know, but it's an excellent price for a really big piece of art.

"Dawn Over the Ocean," one of the 10-inch by 10-inch pieces sold while I was on my way here. Another 10x10 ("Rain Coming, Mansfield Depot") sold Saturday, as did "Red Barn," a painting I love so much I considered keeping for my eventual retrospective. Its new owner loves it, though, and that makes me happy!

So I am loading up with liquids before I head out today - and looking forward to introducing more people to my art! 



2 comments:

Ralph said...

Looks great!! sounds like fun..

carrie jacobson said...

Thank you so much, Ralph!