Friday, June 8, 2012

Maryland Farm

 Maryland Farm
Oil on canvas, 20x20
Please contact me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com for price and delivery options

When I applied for the show here in Annapolis, I thought we'd be living here already! Instead, I drove down from Connecticut yesterday, and found myself marveling - again - at how beautiful it is on the Eastern Shore. 

It's full summer here. Wheat - that's what's in the field above, the farmer told me - is growing and thick, and in some places, harvested already! The sky has that high summer blue, with puffy summer clouds, and life feels carefree. 

I set up my tent today, before I went out and painted. The man beside me, who makes stained glass, told me that he used to be an architect. He doesn't make anywhere near as much money now, but his art fills his life with joy, and that more than makes up for it. 

Think of me on Saturday and Sunday, and send good selling and buying vibes my way. And of course, if you're in Annapolis, please come to the U.S. Naval Academy Stadium and say hello!

Here's my painting in the scene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful!!! Well Done!! It makes me happy!!! Thank you!!! :-)

carrie jacobson said...

Thank you so much, Raventa! It was a beautiful place, and the farmer who lives there was so nice and welcoming, it truly enriched the experience.

We are going to be moving to the Eastern Shore soon (the move has been delayed because I came down with Lyme disease a couple weeks ago, and am still recovering) - and I am really looking forward to doing more painting there.

The piece is still for sale, if you are interested. It's 20x20, $400.

Thank you so much for your comments and for following my blog!