Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sunflowers on the Easel, Canvases in the Living Room, and the Van Packed to Go!

Stefanie's Sunflowers
Oil on canvas, 36x72
sold

In just a few hours on this Saturday morning, I will climb up into the giant van and hit the road for Arizona, on my "To Tubac and Back" painting trip! Whee!

Twenty-two people have sponsored me for 27 10x10 paintings, so I leave with money in my pocket and a challenge ahead of me. That's a lot of paintings! But I've come home from my other trips with more than 40 paintings, and they've generally been bigger than 10x10, so I know I can do it.

I really love knowing that I'm making paintings for these folks:


Kathryn Yamartino
Tiffany Williams
Laurie Cooper
Dov Kugelmass
Pat Hart
Blake Wenz
Maggie Platte
Donald & Paula Cooper
Kristen Singh
Linda Fite
Nancy Russell
Sherry Svec
Heather MacLeod
Susie Zuntini
Mary & Eric Bryson
Ellen Cornelius
Richard & Mari Hook
Candy & Jeff Buebendorf
Mike Vincitore & Rose Dittus
Joe Skelly
Patrick Gallagher
Don Bruce
Lucy Beit

Isn't that great? 

If you haven't sponsored me, don't feel bad! I have all that I can handle - and I know that everyone who follows The Accidental Artist is coming along with me for the ride. I promise tons of paintings and photos from the road for everyone! 

***

And speaking of tons of paintings... Here's the stack of 10x10s that I prepared for the trip. This is more than twice as many as I need, but you never know. 



***

And here's the big van, nearly all packed. 


The peg boards not only serve as structures to hold the paintings upright, but also are going to offer me a place to hang wet 10x10s. Cool, huh? And while the van isn't as sweet as the teeny camper, I should be able to sleep there comfortably, at least some of the nights. 


No comments: