Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Carrot

Carrot
Oil on canvas, 12x12
Commission

Another beautiful dog! I absolutely love that in doing all this painting, I have the chance to make portraits of people's beloved pets.

Carrot, whom I've had the great fortune to meet, was a rescue, and it showed, in the early photos of her. She is a serious dog, still, and probably always will be, but she's come miles from how she looked when she arrived at her forever home.

***

I THINK THAT maybe, in another life, I was a dog.

I'm pretty happy most of the time, and pretty trusting. I love to eat and sleep. I protect my home and family and friends fiercely.

And I have that dog thing that George Carlin described as believing that whatever is happening at the moment is going to go on... forever! Sad? Gonna be sad forever. Hungry? Gonna be hungry forever. Joyous? Yup - forever.

And I DO love to stick my head out the window when I drive.

***
I DROVE TO Virginia Beach today - the Big City! Here are a couple scenes I saw on my way...



***
Dog of the Day
Here are Gypsy and Shadow, Heather and Joe's beautiful dog and cat. 
They have special people in their hearts today - and every day. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send me a jpg - carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

No comments: