Friday, October 4, 2013

Two Paintings of Olana ... (Well, Really, Three)

Update: I've pulled out of the pound ridge fine arts fest. It's a great show, and if you were planning on going, please go! I just feel too sick. Sorry! 



Overlook
Oil on canvas, 12x12
At auction Saturday at Olana, in Hudson, NY

I painted for five hours Thursday at Olana, the home of Frederic Church, in Hudson, NY. The high point of the day was a visit by Kathy and Jonathan, who came from Cromwell, CT, to visit the site and watch me and other painters do our thing. It was so great to see Kathy and meet her husband - I only wish I'd been feeling better. 

I painted these pieces, and then just sort of collapsed. I don't know whether I'll paint today (Friday), or just head to Pound Ridge, NY, to set up for the Pound Ridge Fine Arts Festival this weekend. If I am not feeling good enough, I will pull out of that show. If you're thinking of coming, and my not being there would make a difference, please email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com or text/call me at 860-442-0246 and I'll let you know my status. I've gotten in, paid for my booth space and reserved a room, so chances are, I will be at the show. And I'm feeling better this morning than yesterday! 


Here is the auction painting in the landscape

 And here's the other piece I did on Thursday, a diptych.


Birches
Oil on canvas, 8x24x2
Please contact me for price and delivery info



No comments: