Monday, June 30, 2014

What a Pair! Longhorn and Scottish Highlander


 What A Pair! 
Longhorn and Scottish Highlander, each 15x60
sold
When I was painting my first long, long, longhorn piece, it came to me that it might be a great idea to make two similar paintings that could go together. If that piece hadn't sold at the show in New Milford, CT, I was going to come home and make the second one.

Instead, I got two more of the 15x60 canvases, and painted this pair. I'll sell them separately, but I am hoping to find someone who will buy both of them. They look really fabulous end to end. I would put one on one wall and the other on the adjacent wall, I think.

***
WHILE I WAS walking around Wachapreague this week, I got a great idea! (When I say something like this to Peter, he always says, "Uh-oh, not another great idea...")

While the sun is shining and the days are hot, I'm going to make 30 small paintings of summertime in Wachapreague. Sun on the porch, hydrangeas in bloom, tomatoes reddening on the vine, people boating... and I'm going to put them up on my newly revamped website starting in November. Each day, a new painting will go up. They'll be priced well for Christmas presents!



***
Dog of the Day

It's JoJo the wonder dog! 

No comments: