Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Bunch of Animal Paintings, an Excellent Project


Flight
oil on canvas, 20x20
sold

Earlier in the year, my former Patch boss Elissa Bass invited me to have a show at the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center. I thought it was a great idea, and made a series of small paintings - and one big one - to be shown and sold at the center. The center would get 40 percent of the purchase price of all these pieces. 

The show was a grand success! During June and July, and during the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival, at which I sold remaining paintings and donated the same 40 percent, I raised a few hundred dollars for the nature center. 

Since then, I've been dedicating a portion of sales to causes in the places where I have shows. This is another of Coach Joe's ideas, and I think it's a great one. It spurs me to sell with more vigor and less guilt, and it helps - even if it's just in a small way.  

I've never posted these paintings to the blog, so I thought I'd show them to you all today. If you want me to repaint any of them, I'm happy to do so - and will give the same 40 percent to the nature center. 

Running Deer, 6x12, $75

Egret, 5x5

Chipmunk, 6x6, sold

Deer, 6x6, sold

Chickadee, 4x6, sold

Chickadee, 4x6 sold

Mr. Bill, 6x12, sold



Duck Butt, 6x6, sold


Bunny, 6x6, sold (I think) 

Mr. Bill again. Sold again. 

***
Dog of the Day

I met this beautiful dog out in Arizona. She was in training to be 
some sort of service dog, and was sweet and friendly - and very elegant. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send me a jpg at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com




No comments: